Tips on Ways to Stay Safe During an A Storm Event
SERVPRO cares about your safety whenever you encounter a storm event!
Here are some helpful tips whenever you’re caught in a storm event:
- Power outage can happen, so always have candles and matches available for light.
- Make sure you have a home safety kit filled with canned food, first aid, flashlights or glow sticks, and canned food.
- Keep food freezer closed. It can stay cold up to two days unopened.
- Be sure to stay inside for your safety.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Bring any outdoor pets inside for their safety.
- Be sure to have a battery powered radio in case electricity goes out.
- Be sure to replace batteries in the radio and flashlight so they powered when you need it.
If you have any storm damages to your home or business, call SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City today!
Safety Smoke Alarm Tips
Smoke alarms only properly work by maintaining the unit itself. The following tips will assist you on maintaining your unit in your home or business:
- When the low battery alarm goes off, replace batteries IMMEDIATELY.
- Replace smoke alarms every 8 -10 years to ensure that they unit is working properly.
- Test all units monthly.
- Clean all units at least every 6 months. You can use a small brush to do so.
Here at SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City we assist with any fire damages done to your home or business, but we also would like to make you aware of ways to prevent fires from also starting or harming anyone in your home or place of work. These life-saving devices are can be easily purchased anywhere and only require a few minutes of maintenance each month.
SERVPRO Fire Pet Safety Tips
Here at SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City we not only care about the safety of our customers, but as well for their loving pets!
Below are some helpful tips for your furry friends to help with their safety against fires:
- Don’t leave an open flame unattended. Pets are naturally curious so when it comes to open flames like a stove or candles, it’s a sure way for potential disasters.
- Secure stove knobs.Be sure to use covers whenever you leave home.
- Avoid candles.If you have pets (especially cats), a lit candle can be a fiery temptation.
- Secure your fireplace.Sparks can fly out and either harm your beloved pet or if they have a pet bed near by it, it can catch fire.
If you've recently had fire or smoke damage, call SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City today!
Wildfire Emergency Kit/Evacuation Bag
California Wildfire Season is approaching. And here at SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City we’d like to give you ideas on what you should have in an emergency fire kit/evacuation bag for you and your family:
- Water – One gallon/person/day (3 day supply for evacuation).
- Food – non-perishable (3 day supply for evacuation).
- Battery powered or hand crank radio tuned to a local news channel.
- Extra batteries.
- First aid kit.
- Multi-purpose tool.
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items (shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.).
- Copies of important paperwork/documents
- Photographs of the exterior of the house
- Family and emergency contact information.
- Emergency blanket.
- Clothing for 3-5 days.
- Maps of the area.
- Medical supplies
- Baby supplies (bottles, formula, baby food, wipes, diapers, etc.)
- Pet supplies
- Two-way radios.
- Extra sets of car keys and house keys.
- Can opener.
If your home or business has fire or smoke damage, call SERVPRO out today!
Faster to your Water Damage Event
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (909) 521 - 7999
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City
SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When Storms or Floods hit in Inland Empire, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO ofSouth San Bernardino City specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms a storm hits, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (909) 521 - 7999
Commercial Job in Colton, CA
In the city of Colton there was a commercial building where a flood occurred and damaged materials around the building. We were called out by the management company to come out and perform an inspection to determine the damages done. When SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City was called out, we were onsite within the hour to assist. We setup a dehu to control the environment while we performed our requested services.
Here at SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City no job is too big or too small. Ether is if it's a home or commercial building, SERVPRO is here too help.
If you have any restoration services needed to be performed by SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City, give us a call at (909) 521-7999
Commercial Extraction in Colton, CA
A business commercial building in Colton, CA was affected by water damage as it's next door business had a flood that spilled into their own. The business immediately called out SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City to inspect the building and determine the damages done by the flooding. As soon as we inspected we needed to extract all of the standing water that was in sight. Our professional experienced techs used our extraction equipment to remove all of the standing water from the building. As soon as extraction was completed. We were able to make a complete our inspection and provide further services to this business.
If you have any restoration water services needed, SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City can help you, today!
Commercial Inspection and Equipment
Water damaged occurred at a commercial business building in the city of Colton. Damage occurred due to the neighboring business' water damage flooding into theirs. The business immediately called out to SERVPRO of San Bernardino City to come out and provide services. Within the first hour of calling SERVPRO was onsite to complete an inspection. During our inspections we use state of the art technology to determine if the materials in your place of business is affected or not. One of the pieces of equipment that we use to determine if moisture is present is a hygrometer meter, shown in the photo above. From the reading we captured, it shows that the drywall is reading that moisture is present within the walls.
If you need restoration services for your commercial business, call SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City today!
Why SERVPRO: Air Movers
We at SERVPRO of South San Bernardino City uses only the state of the art equipment on our water losses. Air Movers are a tool that we use to dry out affected materials that have moisture. It's high-velocity air flow helps with faster drying times. Our professional techs place these pieces of equipment(including a dehu(s)) for drying out wet affected materials. Techs will visit after equipment is placed and monitor everyday until drying is complete. During those visits our techs may move air movers to secure better air flow to the materials that are still wet. And With faster drying times, this also helps prevention of mold growth.
If you have a water loss in your home, call us SERVPRO of South San Bernardino!